Instagram

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

NY Weekend II: Unexpected Expectancy !

I remember quite well that I left my house (in MA) quite happy and here I am back in MA quite disappointed.

Maybe it's because I am yearning for excitement and unpredictable adventures. Or perhaps, I think some events could have been better... But what do I know? But what really surprised me this weekend was my temper. My usual no-nonsense-taking-inpatient-butt behaved itself and I was just a mellow fellow taking a nice stride among the passive currents of doing absolutely nothing.

I did nothing this weekend. Let me explain, yes I went to the events as planned. What mainly happen? I sat my ass on a chair for a long time. Not to say the events were bad, it was just bland. It's like eating ramen without the soup base or eating rice for the rest of your life. It lacked spice!

To explain, the first event was Winnie's Make-Up Party. I think that is pretty self-explanatory - it's a party with make up involved! If you think about it a little further, you might be imagining a bunch of girls and guys(?) gathering around trying on make-up or putting it on someone else's face.

 Winnie bought a bunch of cosmetics from the company she is associated with and they have their own make up line called Motives. 

Here's the set up of all the cosmetics that are available to try or test.


There's even nail polishes to try! I was told that they were $1.00 each , which is a huge bargain! OPI nail polishes are $8.50 and most recently, I purchased Illamasqua for $14! So freaken expensive to paint your nails these days! 

So the question is, is it really a steal for $1 in terms of quality like OPI and Illamasqua? Yes, I've tried the peachy color one, forth from the left side. It took a while to dry and if you're not too careful, you'll have fingerprints for patterns. I have yet to remove them and even without top coat, it didn't chip! 

Overall, good. I just do not like how it takes too long to dry. I do not have all day to wait! Life is still young!

I like the brushes, only the small ones though. They were very soft and they are also synthetic. My problem was the bigger brushes for face contour, powder, blush, etc. they were too rough on skin contact. 

Falsies, blushes, eye shadows, gel liner, foundation ~

Out of everything, I like the eye shadows the most. Don't have a strong opinion on the rest, not to say they were bad. 

It's called, Motives® for La La Fall/Winter 2012 Runway Collection. 

They're mineral eye shadows, paraben free, and their ingredients include grapefruit seeds, which are antioxidants! 


Sadly, I didn't take a pic of myself with this on, but I really good reason why! (more later)I just checked their website and this costs $29.95 but I think the site has this function where they give cash back. 


I'd definitely buy this one for myself! Good for the upcoming fall!


Trying all the cosmetics can be pretty tiring. Luckily there was food! All you can see in this pic are cupcakes, jello shots, and a glass of rainbow jello-margaritas! Yum!

Sadly, these were virgin drinks/shots because there were underage kids. Speaking of that, there were so many little kids running around! What the hell?! 

Okay, side story - I am digressing, whatever! I am not good with children, especially naughty disobedient children. The only kid I've been very fond of is my boyfriend's niece. She's very cute and it's hard to stay mad at her for too long. 

Boyfriend's niece, Mia.  She is the only child I will tolerate. The rest of you, go away. 
One of the kids tried to interact with me. I think her name was Hailey (sp?) and she seems sweet. She asked me a simple question, "What's your name?" and to that I replied with..

"WINNIE?! WHAT DO I DO?!"*shocked and scared face*


Okay moving on....
Every birthday party ends with the cake!

Hazelnut Winnie the Pooh cake for the Birthday girl, Winnie!
Actually there were three cakes/cupcakes...



Honestly, I had fun. The only person I knew at the event was the birthday girl herself. Jacklyn, whom I've befriended since middle school was too tired to make it so I had to entertain myself. Freaken disappointed in her yo! Not only does her boyfriend controls her lifestyle, she couldn't even make the effort to come. Her excuse was she's too tired to keep her eyes open. Dude, I got my ass here from Boston just fine! 


Okay enough of the negative shiz. I met new people at the party, we played with make up! I found a new love for the eye shadow, and I get to see Winnie! So overall, GOOD!


Happy Birthday Winnie** ~ Thanks for the invite! 


** If you ever come upon this blog of mine, don't get mad or anything with my POV for the stuff. Take it all in with a pinch of salt :D


********************


Triple Date with Sa & Steph (S&S)


We wine and dine at Bamboo Pavilion
6920 18th Ave(between Bay Ridge Ave & 70th St) BrooklynNY 11204 (718) 236-8088 
Szechuan Chicken
 S&S really hyped this dish up and I was expecting magic. It's meh. My taste buds are greedy. It was spicy and bland. 
Beef with....something... I forgot what it was called! FML
We actually ordered 4-5 dishes and I only took two pictures because I was starving! Screw pictures! My tummy's need is a priority! They say you can catch a good man through his stomach! Heck, I think I'm pretty decent girl, you can catch me any day by feeding me!!!

The food was decent. I manage to eat most of it, but my favorite dish has to be the Crispy Fish something something. Yeah I am hopeless here. Okay, I knew szechuan food is spicy, but I did not know just HOW SPICY it can really be. The girls and I finished everything despite chugging down 2384902384 cups of water. Hey waitress lady, keep the water coming!!! 

Would I come here again? For dates? Nah. I do like my wine and the ambiance is not suited for get together to chat and catch up. 

For the price, it was cheap. For 4-5 dishes, each of us (6 total) paid $14 including tips. 
It was nice night with S&S. I got to meet their boyfriends (Robin/Jose) which is pretty cool! I got to see another side of them when they're in their moments. 

I thought Robin was pretty cool. Seems like a responsible guy and he use to play WoW, which is a positive CRITERIA. I have to lure that kid in to play again! I need more friends on my battle.net list! Who wants to be friends with me? :D

I didn't really get to talk to Jose. He was really quiet and never made eye contact with anyone other then with Steph. If he wasn't Steph's bf, I would not have bother to even notice him. He blends in with the cement, or however the saying goes. My boyfriend commented, "What does Steph see in him? He doesn't talk, didn't bother to join conversation, and only looked down at his food."

It's mean to say, but I have to agreed. He just seems nice, which is the only adjective you can describe him. I can see why Sa would date Robin; he's educated, has a job (responsible!!), and they look so compatible too! 

Whatever, only time will tell. Is he really a keeper Steph? 

Anyway, after the dining we walked around the 18ave fair. 

We must be really boring people because we only attempted one game. 

 The goal was to get the monkeys!
How to win them? You have to shoot the ball through the hoop!


Here's Robin, at his first attempt. Sa's expression and folded arms says it all, "I am not impressed."
My boyfriend (in red dress shirt, why yes he's cutie!) attempted as well, but...nope. We didn't win the monkey. Sad panda...

People have work the next day despite it being Labors Day, so we parted ways at Starbucks after a drink or two. Thanks for coming out guys, I appreciate it. Next time, let's pick a better place.
*********
I was happy to go home. I had a pounding headache for 5 hours long and I'm too tired! Before the triple date, I went shopping around Broadway. It's a long walk and there's Labor Day sale!
The sale wasn't that great. I only bought a few things. 


  • Victoria's Secret Pink had the (7) panties for $26 promotion going on; it was okay... 
  • Club Monaco: Additional 30% off sales, which is too good to be true! The guy's sale section is awesome. Sheng bought two shorts for $70+. The women's section was meh! Everything was too mature for me! I really need to grow up!
I was very happy with my purchases at Sephora, even though there's no sale. Oh well.



  • Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15 in Porcelain $46
  • Benefit Lipstick: Pinking of You $18
Quote behind the lady in lingerie ~
"How do I love lipstick? Let me count the ways..."
- Lana



The color is exactly how it looks in this picture. The lipstick is a bit sheered, only slightly!
It's shimmery and very creamy.
I do not take care of my lips for some unknown reason. Too lazy... so I usually have chap lips, where the skin is just peeling off.
Someone once told me they don't like lipstick because it doesn't compliment well with chap lips, but after putting this on, the buttery feel restored my lips. Dead skin disappeared!
~~~Magic ~~~

***

My nail varnish is from Motive at Winnie's party.  There's a dent thing there because it wasn't try when I started to move around more. I thought it was dry because I tried poking it.
If it dried faster, I'd give it a 7/10 because $1 for each is cheap!
Not a bad dent on my thumb right? That's cause you do not see the rest of my finger nails!

Well, this was a super long entry. I was importing pictures from my camera while typing this up. School is starting soon as well so I need to indulge in a little WoW before being 'serious'. 
...

Oh my god, school is starting soon! I looked up my schedule just now and it begins this Wednesday (9/5)!  FML!  I am not ready to go back! On Facebook, all my friends are already back in school and I happily gloated that mine starts a week after theirs. The time has come, sadly, and I must prepare. 

Today is Tuesday, right? =___=; What the efff, it starts tomorrow!

Ugh! Going to sleep! Allow me to never wake up from this nightmare!


2 comments:

  1. I love how you get to try all the make up out there. Feel so loved! Btw thanks for visiting me. Hope I'll get a return reader too. :)
    http://iamginny.com

    Love,
    Ginny Hana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny! Thanks for visiting ~ I'm not sure how I ended up on your blog but it was a nice surprise! Don't worry, I am a returning reader :D I've subscribed! Haa!

      Delete